Seniors are looking for the best state to enjoy their golden years in; with 50 to choose from, there are many wonderful places where seniors to live their life to the fullest. A study conducted by WalletHub identified key aspects of each state that would benefit seniors. Here are our top 10 states for seniors:
- Florida. What's the best state for seniors? WalletHub identifies Florida as their top pick as a state with a great quality of life, excellent health care options, and affordability. On top of that, Florida has warm weather and beautiful beaches, providing seniors with a place to relax.
- Maine. Looking for a cooler climate? Maine is perfect for seniors as one of the states with the most citizens over the age of 65. With a beautiful coastline and excellent seafood, Maine offers an enriching experience for seniors.
- Wyoming. Do you love breathtaking scenery? Wyoming, home of Yellowstone national park, is WalletHub's second place overall state for seniors. Wyoming's great quality of life and healthcare is only surpassed by its affordability, and with its beautiful parks it offers the perfect home for seniors.
- New York. Do you love learning? New York is the state with the most museums per person, providing seniors with multiple opportunities to grow their knowledge. New York also offers a wide range of city experiences as well as an equally beautiful countryside.
- California. Do you love the theater? California tied with New York as the state with the most theaters per person. In California, seniors can see a theater show every night, explore the state's varied landscapes, or simply relax in the balmy weather.
- Hawaii. Are you ready for the ultimate place to relax? Hawaii comes in first place for the state with the highest life expectancy for seniors. The tropical beaches and lush greenery will provide seniors with a place to relax and enjoy themselves every day.
- Colorado. Do you love the mountains? Colorado is home to the Rocky Mountains and is one of the best states for health care. Colorado offers seniors top-notch care while being surrounded with majestic mountains.
- Alaska. Want to work a little? Alaska has the highest percentage of seniors aged 65 and older in the workforce. Employers in Alaska are hiring seasoned workers, providing opportunity for seniors to work if they wish too. Aside from employment opportunities, Alaska provides some of the most breathtaking scenery of all the states.
- Vermont. Do you love the New England area? Vermont is the complete New England package with lovely forests and landscapes, and is home to many seniors over the age of 65. Vermont also has the lowest rate of property crime too.
- Mississippi. Looking for the most economic option? Mississippi tops the list of affordability, allowing seniors to use their dollars for whatever they please. Located in the south, Mississippi also promises delicious cuisine and warm weather.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!